This recipe group is listed in Salads
Different ways to make a great potato salad
With yellow mustard and eggs
Serving for twelve
Prep time 45 - 60 minutes
Things You Need
- Big salad bowl
- Pot to boil potatoes
- Cutting board and knife
- Refrigerator or some way to chill the completed salad
- 6 meduim potatoes (2 lbs)
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 T prepared mustard (it says this is optional but for me this is required)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks)
- 1/3 cup copped onion (1 small)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet or dill pickles, or sweet or dill pickle relish
- 6 hard cooked eggs, coarsly chopped
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; add water to cover and, if desired, 1/4 t salt
- Bring to boiling; reduce heatl Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or till just tender
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a large mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise (or salad dressing), mustard, the 1/2 t salt, and pepper
- Stir in the celery, onion, and chopped pickles (or relish)
- Now back to the potatoes, drain well; cool slightly, then peel and cube them
- Add the cubed potatoes and eggs into the mixing bowl. Toss lightly to coat.
- Cover and chill 6 to 24 hours
I prefer red potatoes for this recipe. Other potatoes can work fine but the size, firmness, and flavor of the reds suit me just fine.
I like more mustard and pepper then the recipe calls for. More like 2 T mustard and at least 1/2 t pepper.
Serving Suggestion: Line a salad bowl with lettuce leaves. Transfer the potato salad to the bowl, then sprinkle with paprika.
It was the cook, with a knife, in the kitchen
© 2018-2021 - JG Web
P.O. Box 7443, Redlands, CA 92375